This year’s Christmas thing is ”Whamageddon”. Here’s the rules…
- The 1st Rule
- The objective is to go as long as possible without hearing WHAM’s Christmas classic; “Last Christmas”.
- The 2nd Rule
- The game starts on December 1st, and ends at midnight on December 24th.
(Yes, we’re European heathens)
- The 3rd Rule
- Only the original version applies. Enjoy the fuck out of remixes and covers.
- The 4th Rule
- You’re out as soon as you recognise the song.
- Bonus Rule
- Post on social media with the #whamageddon hashtag when you get hit.
This is of course a fun way to try to avoid the audio festive spam that is Wham’s Christmas song.
So seeing as every year that Christmas song gets played everywhere from train stations, to supermarkets, to toilets, operating theatres, lifts, phone boxes, bus stops or anywhere here’s a chance to see how you do before it gets you.
Me? It’s the 5th of December and I’ve not heard it yet. I don’t expect this to last long though…